Ep. #16 Learning Intervals, Part 3

In this episode, Sara teaches you intervals. She gives you mnemonic devices through song to help you remember what the different intervals sound like.  This episode covers unisons and reviews what each interval sounds like. Be Sociable, Share!

Be Sociable, Share!

Be Sociable, Share!

12 Responses to “Ep. #16 Learning Intervals, Part 3”

1. Esther Kim amd Sam Machado says:

The songs really help identifying the intervals. I wish we learned intervals this way it wouldve helped during our ear training tests!!! thanks sara:)

2. erika vazquez says:

Hey Sara, I feel very good about your page because it’s a good and reliable way to learn importants things about singing, like how warming in correct way and breath, I recomended you with my mother and my sister they are singers too yeeeehhhh!!! I would like have information about whistle sound…thank u Sara.

3. Micha Alleyne says:

Muddy water clear! I actually used this method (sort of) when i was first introduced to intervals, but I used sections of pop songs instead. It was hard to find songs for all the intervals though, so this makes it much easier.

4. Clarrisa says:

woo, I started pausing and trying to sing them, I did pretty well! Thanks Sara! I never really learned cool ways to memorize intervals until now, so I don't have any examples for intervals.

5. Sophia says:

Hello!
        Sophia Bouhaddou here, I just want to say… i am 98% sure i got every interval on my test right today! I am 100% this had a lot to do with that!
        Thanks !
        S.

6. karlinacovington says:

This is friggin' cool! I had a couple shortcuts for a few intervals but this was WAY more comprehensive and I liked your examples better than the ones I'd heard! Sidenote: Are the first 2 notes of “Maria” from West Side Story a tri-tone?

7. Grace says:

Yeaaaaaaaah!!! Belgium is watching you :)))

8. eastdeath says:

Switchfoot – 24: Do Re
        Happy Birthday: Do Re
        Brahm's Lullaby: Do Me
        Breaking Benjamin – Forget It: Do Me
        Negaraku: Do Do Mi
        Amazing Grace: Do Fa
        The Simpsons: Do Fi
        Breaking Benjamin – Diary of Jane: Do So
        Nightwish – Amaranth: Do So
        The Entertainer: Do Le
        My Bonnie/Somewhere Over the Rainbow: Do La
        Celtic Woman – Somewhere: Do Te

9. saraleib says:

Cool, very good! Except Somewhere over the rainbow is an octave, not a 6th.

10. eastdeath says:

Switchfoot – 24: Do Re
        Happy Birthday: Do Re
        Brahm's Lullaby: Do Me
        Breaking Benjamin – Forget It: Do Me
        Negaraku: Do Do Mi
        Amazing Grace: Do Fa
        The Simpsons: Do Fi
        Breaking Benjamin – Diary of Jane: Do So
        Nightwish – Amaranth: Do So
        The Entertainer: Do Le
        My Bonnie/Somewhere Over the Rainbow: Do La
        Celtic Woman – Somewhere: Do Te

11. saraleib says:

Cool, very good! Except Somewhere over the rainbow is an octave, not a 6th.

12. MattRisiMusic says:

I dig how this is a refresh episode of 14,15.. good for my practicing for sure :) thanks
        Matt-Matty Risi