Ep. #19 How to speak/sing into the mic.

Hey singers AND speakers! I have a BIG pet peeve.  My pet peeve is when people (anyone, but particularly speakers) speak into a microphone from too far way.  They ask for the mic to be turned up, and then they get feedback.  Public speakers LISTEN UP!  You don’t have to be afraid of the microphone. […]

Be Sociable, Share!

Hey singers AND speakers!

I have a BIG pet peeve.  My pet peeve is when people (anyone, but particularly speakers) speak into a microphone from too far way.  They ask for the mic to be turned up, and then they get feedback.  Public speakers LISTEN UP!  You don’t have to be afraid of the microphone.  It’s there to amplify your voice.  Use it.  Check out this episode to see basics on how to speak/sing into the common handheld (dynamic cardioid) microphone.

Be Sociable, Share!

10 Responses to “Ep. #19 How to speak/sing into the mic.”

1. shelley Eppel says:

I’ll be sure to remember these tips, Sara. Thanks for the informative lesson.

2. Alex says:

How to control and hold properly breath?

3. saraleib says:

Thanks Alex. I’ll be doing more on that, but for now, check out http://www.SingingTV.com/2010/03/24/how-to-take-a-singing-breath. Thanks for the comment, and help spread the word about us!

4. erika colis says:

Hi Sara! thank you for show us how doing rubatto is a very important thing, because singers and musicians have to be a good connection to do a good song, besides is a good moment to get atenttion from the audiece,now I understand why the body movement is important to achieve a good feeling on the song. Thank you…

5. isabella says:

that is the stupidest thing ever. we all know how to sing into a mic.

6. saraleib says:

Alex, check out the episodes coming this week for more on your question.

7. saraleib says:

Ha! Isabella, I'm so glad you already know this stuff! Actually, I made the episode because you'd be INCREDIBLY surprised how many people DON'T know this stuff. I'm not talkin' pros, obviously, but everyday people have no idea how to speak or sing into the mic. Thanks for watching anyway!

8. isabella says:

that is the stupidest thing ever. we all know how to sing into a mic.

9. saraleib says:

Alex, check out the episodes coming this week for more on your question.

10. saraleib says: